Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Hanna Tetteh? No Fears!...But I'll Fully Back Any Delegate Awutu Senya Constituents Elect

George Andah, Parliamentary Aspirant for Awutu Senya West constituency on the ticket of opposition New Patriotic Party (NPP) has disclosed his intent to support any candidate that the delegates vote for to contest the primaries next year.

According to him, he will not undermine the choice of the delegates who will be voting to elect a suitable candidate to contest the Parliamentary primaries in the 2016 general elections.

Speaking in an interview with host of Peace FM's flagship programme "Kokrokoo", George Andah told Kwami Sefa Kayi that though he has declared his intention to contest the primaries; it is however not completely binding on the delegates to elect him as the party's candidate.

Nonetheless, he remains a humble servant and is ever ready to compete in the Parliamentary battle.

I’m a humble servant. I’m ready to serve. I have said on numerous occasions that in as much as I’m committed to serve, in as much as I want to lead Awutu Senya West NPP; if the delegates feel that they will pitch a different person for the contest, I’m 100 percent support that person to make sure that we can turn things around in Awutu Senya West.

I know I’m capable. I know I’m competent. I know I’m ready but it is not a must-happen. I’m ready to play the role of serving and that is a bigger issue for me.”

He further noted that he is unmoved by his main opponent; the incumbent Member of Parliament for the constituency and Foreign Minister Hannah Tetteh.

This is because, “Awutu Senya West constituents are ready for change…but they want a leader that will be with them. A leader that will fight for them and a leader that will listen to them, and I think that those are the things that I’m coming with," he said.
 
 
 
Source: Ameyaw Adu Gyamfi/Peacefmonline/Ghana

No comments:

Post a Comment