Tuesday, August 4, 2015

I Won't Retract My Words...I Don't Regret Insulting NDC Activist - GMA General Secretary

General Secretary of the Ghana Medical Association, Dr. Frank Serebour says he will not retract the insults he hurled on a certain National Democratic Congress (NDC) Activist on Hot FM last Friday.

Dr. Frank Serebour speaking in an interview on Hot FM last Friday spewed vulgar words at the NDC Activist who had initially dared the striking doctors to lay down the working tools and resign from the post.

The NDC Activist sought to incite Ghanaians as he stressed that the doctors were insensitive to Ghanaians and the Mahama-led government.

He bemoaned what he believed is ingratitude on the part of the doctors despite all attempts by the Mahama government to revamp their conditions of service.

The NDC Activist seems to have irritated the Ghana Medical Association as he repeatedly charged them to stop work, stating emphatically that "Ghanaians are tired of them."

Reacting to the comments by the NDC Activist, Dr. Frank Serebour described the NDC Activist as "unintelligent" government communicator, stressing that if he were intelligent, he would have probably become a doctor.

"If they want us to descend into the gutters, we shall descend into the gutter with them...When you go to school and you taught sense like I was taught, I don't do those things," the Monday edition of Daily Post quoted.

Speaking in an interview with host Kwami Sefa Kayi on Peace FM's "Kokrokoo", Dr. Serebour stated emphatically that he doesn't regret his action.

Dr. Serebour, sounding fed up with some government communicators, insisted that the doctors sometimes "need to let them (government communicators) know that we can equally respond in their language but we restrain ourselves because we respect ourselves. I won’t retract them…I have not regretted…I think that at a point in time you have to let people know that you can also get to that level. So I’m not ready to retract. I have not regretted the insults I hurled on him.”

According to him, the NDC Communicators take "insults at their bona fide property" and it is about time the doctors matched them boot for boot.

“Sometimes some people take insults as their bona fide property, so they can at all-time insult but you cannot insult them. On this particular programme, there was NDC Communicator who was on the programme; [Kwame] I had been called to talk and was standing on the other side of the line. He wouldn’t even allow me to talk…So I went down on him and I don’t regret it.
 
 
 
Source: Adu Gyamfi Ameyaw/Peacefmonline.com/Ghana

No comments:

Post a Comment