Thursday, May 28, 2015

Agyepong's Reaction Was An "Overkill"...His "Combative" Approach Won't Help - Kweku Baako

Kweku Baako (right) and Kwabena Agyepong (left)
Kweku Baako Jnr. has condemned the seemingly combative approach adopted by the General Secretary of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) Kwabena Agyepong as his major strategy to remain in office.

Yesterday May 26, 2015, news about the resignation of Kwabena Agyepong became rife on the media scene.

A letter purported to have been authored by him (Kwabena Agyepong) was circulated to various media organizations stating that he (General Secretary) has resigned due to the controversy surrounding the murder of the late Mahama Adams.

The late Mahama Adams died of serious lungs burns when he was doused with acid by some unidentified thugs.

Just minutes after his resignation letter went viral, Kwabena Agyepong came out to debunked the contents of the letter and further accused some NPP functionaries of plotting to expel him from his office.

He told PeaceFM News @6pm that "I am still at post, I have not resigned and I intend to see out my mandate...clearly these are unseen hands; people who want to destroy our party; bring the name of our party into disrepute. All that they have tried to do these past two weeks; even to try and hang murder around my neck.

"I want to talk to my party members to assure all my teeming supporters, those who voted for me, those who have confidence in me; I know by God's grace, we will sail through our challenges successfully. So, I have not written any letter that I have resigned...What's sorrowful is when some people within my party would do such a thing and even accuse me of murder, and want to take this way to oust you from office.

"However if you believe God, you know that the trials will surely come but God will see you through...I want all Ghanaians to hear; I have not resigned from my position. I still remain the duly elected General Secretary of our party.Those who want to impeach me can go ahead. I will make sure they will lose the impeachment effort
."

Addressing the issue on Kokrokoo on Peace FM, Kweku Baako described as "unnecessary" the allegations leveled against NPP activists by Kwabena Agyepong; albeit implicitly. According to him, such allegations would further deepen the acrimony in the hearts of the NPP members and supporters.

He argues the NPP Chief Scribe should have simply denied the claims that he had resigned without pointing fingers at unknown figures in the party.

It is clear that Kwabena is convinced he’s done nothing wrong. It is clear that he wants to continue in his office and that he will fight to the end. If I were him, I would not have said all those things yesterday (Tuesday). All I would have done is a straightforward denial of responsibility for that letter. He went too far. He now raised the stakes and said all sorts of things…Those things he said will not grow a critical mass of sympathy for him within the party structures,” Mr Baako said.

He further noted that Mr. Agyepong's choice of words were not in best taste because even if he remains in office, he would definitely have to hold the anchor within the center of the NPP.

Mr. Baako further held strongly that the "combative strategy" adopted by Kwabena Agyepong will not resolve the internal crises in the NPP.

The language he applied. The things he said cannot and will not create a critical mass of sympathy and understanding and good will. It looks as if he’s in a combative mood. It only sends ripples to other side to also do combat,” he added.
 
 
 
Source: Ameyaw Adu Gyamfi/Peacefmonline/Ghana, email address: ameyawpeacefmonline@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment