Friday, May 15, 2015

It's Disappointing That Some Leaders Insulted Us...We Just Want Our Voices Heard - Yvonne Nelson

Ghanaian actress Yvonne Nelson has expressed shock about the kind of reactions directed at her from some leaders in the country.

Speaking to sit-in host Nana Yaw Kesse on Peace FM's "Kokrokoo", Yvonne Nelson was utterly astounded that leading political figures launched vituperative attacks at her person following the launch of her #Dumsormuststop crusade.

"It's not a nice thing at all. It’s very disappointing that our leaders would come out and insult us. The first time I heard it, saw the comment; I did not even believe it. I thought somebody had hacked my Face book account because I didn’t believe that a leader in Ghana could do that,” she said.

According to her, the vigil would give the celebrities and the entire Ghanaian populace the opportunity for the Mahama administration to hear their cries regarding the monstrous power crises.

We just want our voices to be heard as Ghanaians because the dum sor is disturbing everybody…but just that people will not really show their faces. We know that when we talk, people listen…I am suffering and I know most Ghanaians are also suffering. I have a generator but I don’t even have money to buy fuel. I’m sure there are a lot of Ghanaians out there hard hit by this. They complain but no one hears them. Because how will they even hear them when they complain? So, we have to help the average Ghanaian for their voice to be heard. That’s what we’re doing," she told the host.
 
 
 
Source: Ameyaw Adu Gyamfi/Peacefmonline/Ghana, email address: ameyawpeacefmonline@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment