Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Salutations During Issue Discussions On Radio Are A Waste Of Time - Kwesi Pratt

Kwesi Pratt Jnr., Editor-in-Chief of the Insight newspaper, has warned politicians and socio-economic commentators who get the opportunity to air their views on radio to stop exchanging pleasantries through the air waves.

Kwesi Pratt expressed worry over the conduct of panel members who instead of making their sound arguments in radio discussions, rather greet their relatives, constituents and dear ones.

He admonished socio-political commentators to stop exchanging pleasantries before getting down to business.

“I greet my great grandparents. I greet my brother’s wife. I greet my constituents. If he’s an NPP member, I greet Nana Akufo-Addo and if NDC member, I greet President Mahama before he starts to talk.

“If you want to greet somebody in the house, greet the person from the house” before you go to the studio to air your views.

To Mr. Pratt, such practice is an absolute waste of air time and so wants Presenters not to entertain such trend on the air waves.
 
 
 
Source: Ameyaw Adu Gyamfi/Peacefmonline/Ghana, email address: ameyawpeacefmonline@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment