Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Alan Kyerematen Explains How He Came By The Name "Alan Cash"

Have you ever wondered how the name "Alan Cash" originated in Ghana's political climate?

The evolution of a person's identity may become extinct when it has indeed lost its relevance but definitely a name as "Alan Cash" has thrived on the Ghanaian political soil for years and by now, the citizenry may not have to take a second thought to know the personality behind this name.

There may be misconceptions about how the name came into existence as some Ghanaians argue that "Alan Cash" signifies a person from an aristocratic family.

Well, the former Trade and Industry Minister and one of the candidates vying for the position of a flagbearer in the New Patriotic Party (NPP), John Alan Kwadwo Kyerematen was in the studios of Peace FM Monday Morning to share an insight into how his name came into being.

Speaking in an interview with host Kwami Sefa Kayi on Peace FM's "Kokrokoo", Mr. Alan Kyerematen sought to clear the air about the origin of his appellation.

According to him, the name "Alan Cash" has seemingly been misconstrued by people because many of them think he lives a lavish life.

He told host Kwami Sefa Kayi that the name "Alan Cash" was given to him by the grassroot supporters of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) for his magnanimity.

He said he has over the years supported the grassroots financially in order to improve their living conditions because to him, the progress of the party depends on the grassroots.

He intimated that Alan Kyerematen, a.k.a "Alan Cash" is a unifier in the NPP.

When asked why the name leaves imprints in the minds of Ghanaians, Mr. Alan Kyerematen said "even when I was not yet a candidate, I still helped by providing logistics such as motor bikes, bicycles for each constituency. The norm in our party is when you’re selected as candidate that you begin to do these things. But for me, even before I became a candidate, I was accustomed to doing all these things.

“When everybody neglected those at the polling stations and due to that, they stopped voting; I was the only candidate who mobilized them to be present whenever I embark on a tour that even if they won’t vote, they should just listen to my message. Because when the time is due for us to work, they will do it…


“So, a lot of people didn’t understand why I should invite about 400 people when it’s only 10 people voting. And to them (critics), they thought I was just wasting my money…but I believe that the progress of the party depends on the grassroots because they are the ones who will work for us. So, if I have any money that should be used to help the party, they should be the focus and this is how I got the name ‘Alan Cash’ because they thought I had reaped lots of cash."

Alan Cash therefore promised not to relent in his effort to lend a helping hand to the masses; hence assuring Ghanaians of his commitment to create more jobs and provide "more cash" to them when voted by his party delegates as flagbearer and later elected as President of the Republic of Ghana.

“I will make sure that party executives from polling station to constituency to electoral area coordinators; we will devise ways and means to remunerate them. I can mobilize funds as a candidate and also use my networks both locally and internationally to fund the members."

To him, "if somebody set out to destroy me” by giving him such name, “it has later become a brand that I have realized that everybody has faith in.”
 
 
 
Source: Ameyaw Adu Gyamfi/Peacefmonline.com/Ghana

No comments:

Post a Comment