Thursday, September 11, 2014

Baako Slams Bugri Naabu’s “Disaster” Remarks…”Difficult To Cure The Mischief He’s Created”

Daniel Bugri Naabu
Editor-in-Chief of the New Crusading Guide, Kweku Baako has condemned comments by the Northern Regional Chairman of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Daniel Bugri Naabu threatening to prevent delegates in the area from voting for any other candidate but Nana Akufo-Addo at the October 18 delegates congress.

Daniel Bugri Naabu was reported to have said that he has set up a three member Committee to investigate and “fish out” the delegates who voted against Nana Akufo-Addo in the NPP’s super delegates’ congress.



He is said to have subsequently issued threats to eight party delegates in the Region who voted against Nana Akufo Addo during the party's super delegates’ congress.

“I was voted by popular majority in the party so if I want to do my thing, who can stop me by saying that what I am doing is not right? I am the chairman of the region and any person I think is doing something wrong, I can penalize them because I have that mandate…I have the right to discipline any officer who goes against my wish,” he said.

His made these remarks following the refusal of some eight delegates in the region to vote for Nana Addo.

The delegates' congress was aimed at pruning down the number of Presidential aspirants from seven to five, in accordance with the party's constitution.

Speaking on Peace FM's "Kokrokoo", the seasoned journalist described such comments as "disaster", hence calling on the NPP leadership not to hero-worship Bugri Naabu.

He found the comments distasteful and charged the leadership and members of the party to treat it with the contempt it deserves.

“It was a huge disaster…It’s so difficult to cure the kind of mischief he caused, so [so]; almost impossible. So, he deserves condemnation. I think he ought to be condemned outright and what he said too ought to be condemned outright,” he said.

Kweku Baako therefore called on the party folks to use the appropriate channel to mete out sanctions to the Northern Regional Chairman instead of calls for his suspension.

“Just shouting on air, making the noise on air; calling for sanctions, I’m sure will not reach anywhere unless you activate appropriate procedures of the party," he said.
Source: Ameyaw Adu Gyamfi/Peacefmonline.com/Ghana

No comments:

Post a Comment