Thursday, January 17, 2013

I shall soon be vindicated – Alfred Agbesi Woyome

Businessman Alfred Agbesi Woyome has expressed his gratitude to Ghanaians and his loyalists for their support in the court case against him.

He explained in a note of appreciation, on Thursday, January 17, some challenges that he faced in the past year in relation to the payment of a sum of GHC 51 million as judgement debt.

“Indeed, the past year, 2012, has been a most difficult year for me, for my businesses, and for the thousands of Ghanaians who are dependent upon my industry for their livelihood. What started in the last quarter of 2011 has been stretched beyond the boundaries of reason and it is only because of the mercies of God that, I, my household and all the afore-mentioned dependants [both direct and indirect] have not been consumed.” he noted.

He however thanked the Ghanaian citizenry and hoped to be vindicated when the court gives its verdict on the case.

Read full statement below:

A NOTE OF APPRECIATION
RELEASED TO THE PRESS ON 17th JANUARY, 2013
BY: ALFRED AGBESI WOYOME

By the Good Grace of the Almighty, we have been ushered into a New Year, 2013. We can only thank the Almighty for giving us another year in which we can continue to work towards fulfilling the divine mandate given to us to impact our world.

Whilst rejoicing about the fresh opportunities that this year shall provide for humankind, I deem it necessary to express my heartfelt appreciation to all who have continued to support me throughout the ordeal visited upon me by certain individuals, using some arms of the State’s Security apparatus.

Indeed, the past year, 2012, has been a most difficult year for me, for my businesses, and for the thousands of Ghanaians who are dependent upon my industry for their livelihood. What started in the last quarter of 2011 has been stretched beyond the boundaries of reason and it is only because of the mercies of God that, I, my household and all the afore-mentioned dependants [both direct and indirect] have not been consumed.

I, therefore, render thanks, first, to the Almighty God whose I am and whom I serve, for his care and consummate benevolence to me. I thank all the Religious Leaders who have continued praying with me and assuring me of God’s vindication in due season. I appreciate the love shown by several traditional rulers from all over the country. Several Ghanaians from all walks of life, from all tribes, from every creed and from diverse political persuasions have consistently shown their concern for the obvious cruelty being meted out to me: To all of you, I say a big “Thank You”.

Inasmuch as we cannot determine the pace at which the ongoing proceedings in court [relating to the Judgment Debt paid to my good self] shall proceed, the last couple of sittings have begun to reveal the truth about this whole affair; and I believe that, in the soonest possible time, I shall be vindicated and your continued belief in my innocence would not have been in vain.

I urge us all to remain steadfast in our belief in the Rule of Law and in the fairness of the Almighty God. I know that, in the final analysis, that which my enemies and detractors meant for evil shall work out for our good and we shall have cause to celebrate a wonderful victory, by the power of God.

I thank all for their kind attention and wish us all a HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR! God bless us all!

Signed: Alfred Agbesi Woyome

From: Adu Gyamfi Ameyaw

No comments:

Post a Comment