Monday, December 2, 2013

It Will Take A "Bulldozer" For Me To Be Expelled From Office - Nunoo-Mensah

Former National Security Advisor, Brigadier General Nunoo-Mensah says it will take a "bulldozer" for him to be expelled from office.

According to him on Radio Gold, mere words from his critics will come to naught since he's not anytime ready to cede his authority as the newly appointed Head of Human Security Department of the National Security Council Secretariat.

General Nunoo-Mensah, who a couple of months ago made some comments which attracted public rancor and outcry, is undaunted about his new mandate.

Some months ago, he hit the headlines when he vented his spleen on public sector workers, who to him were unpatriotic and unwilling to sacrifice for their country.

He told such people to pick up their passports and exit the country if, in his own words, the "kitchen is too hot" for them; suggesting that if they cannot adapt to the economic situation in the nation; then it will be best if they seek refuge in another country.

His comments did not appeal to his critics and a section of the political divide as several of them sought for his retirement or outright dismissal from government.

But his new role seems to have added salt to injury and his critics appear much incensed now.

With some critics calling on President Mahama to rescind his decision for appointing General Nunoo- Mensah to the Human Security Department of the National Security Council; he (General Nunoo-Mensah) believes his detractors will "have to wait a little bit more because I’m going to be around for a very long time…so long as I have health, I will serve my country faithfully and fully.”

To him, he was chosen for his passion in the field he is assigned to and expressed gratitude to President John Mahama for his new role.

“You need a bulldozer to uproot me, not just words. And the fact of the matter is that I knew long ago that President Mahama believe in my passion for doing human security issues; issues of health, of education. I’ve proven this for the past four years, in fact, long before that I was more energetic in the last four years under President Mills…He sees the passion I have.” he cautioned his critics.

“How many people in my position have gone to do what I have done? Just give me one name in our history; our contemporary history.”
 
 
Source: Ameyaw Adu Gyamfi/Peacefmonline.com/Ghana
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment