Saturday, December 21, 2013

Ken Agyapong Was Only Joking, He Can’t Quit NPP…He’ll Even Contribute More To The Party’s Cause

Former Member of Parliament for Asokwa constituency, Maxwell Kofi Jumah has called the bluff Hon. Ken Agyapong, Assin Central Member of Parliament over his recent threat to the party faithfuls.

Hon. Ken Agyapong, one of the major financiers of the party, described the entire hierarchy of the party as "thieves and corrupt" but seemed to have escaped any sanctions from the party for his unguarded remarks.

Following his negative comments about the leadership of the party, some members called on the party’s Executives to summon and perhaps reproach him.

But the outspoken NPP MP dared anyone to summon him, warning that whoever leads the crusade for action to be taken against him, should be ready to cough up 1.5 million dollars.

According to him, the party would be "sorry" to summon him for any interrogation as they will have to refund all monies due him to defray the cost of $2.5 million worth of party paraphernalia he credited during the run-up to the 2012 general elections.

“I have not had any invitation but if they start with that, they (the party Elders) would be sorry because I just spoke to my partner in China….who are those calling me? I will not honour the call of any of the National Executive….What would happen if I leave the party?...I will ensure I recover my monies before I leave”.

“…tell them, if they are listening. They should make $1 million ready before they call me or else, I will not mind them…if they joke with me they will see what I’ll do to them. I am ready to leave the party. I don’t care but I’ll reclaim my money before I leave because it is destroying my business,” he blurted out on NEAT FM.

But speaking to Peacefmonline.com in an interview, Hon. Maxwell Kofi Jumah described the threats as a “joke” and was of the view the Assin Central MP will never go ahead with any such decision.

According to him, he (Hon. Agyapong) is a dye-in-the-wool NPP activist and therefore will not abandon the party in any way in spite of his dissatisfaction with the attitude of some senior members.

“…I’m cocksure that he will never ditch the NPP,…He will never, no matter what the circumstance is.”

“He has a lot of love and passion for the NPP…That’s just a joke. He was just joking. Don’t take him serious…His love and passion for the party is unquestionable; he will even contribute more to future endeavors of the party.”
 
 
 
Source: Ameyaw Adu Gyamfi/Peacefmonline.com
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment