Monday, November 19, 2012

I will attend IEA debate if… - Hassan Ayariga
Presidential candidate of the People’s National Convention, Hassan Ayariga, has rescinded his decision to boycott the IEA Presidential debate on Tuesday, November 20.

He earlier informed the nation that he had taken ill and could not participate in the debate.

He also held a belief that it was inappropriate for the IEA to continue the debate just a day after the interment of the late former Vice President, Alhaji Aliu Mahama.

 He therefore appealed to the IEA to reschedule the Presidential encounter but Executive Director of the IEA, Jean Mensah, says preparations are far advanced and that the debate cannot be postponed. Mr. Ayariga, in an interview with Citi FM, noted that the rescission of his initial decision to skip the debate is borne out of the fact that he hasn’t received support from the other Presidential candidates.

 He therefore says though his position remains same, he is however compelled to attend the debate should it come off on the stipulated date.

He expressed that "If all the candidates do not believe in my opinion and all of them ignore Aliu Mahama and want to partake, then I will go myself and then I will tell them in their eyes that listen, ‘we do not respect our leaders and we do not honour the nation’… I am only this IEA to clear the doubts of the view of the people that I want to dodge the IEA." “I will be there, if they don’t agree with me. But if they agree with me then we should all cancel it and postpone it.”

 Source: ADU GYAMFI AMEYAW

No comments:

Post a Comment